In a glass, layer ½ cup of Liberté plain Greek yogurt, ¼ cup homemade granola and your favourite exotic fruit (here, two chopped kiwifruits).
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Combine the rolled oats, nuts, maple syrup and canola oil.
- Pour onto a sheet pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes so that the granola turns an even golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Add the dark chocolate or freeze-dried fruit.
- Only 300 calories.
- High in fibre (7 grams) and protein (17 grams), this breakfast parfait will keep you going until lunch.
- Cholesterol and trans fat free.
- The lipids contained in the recipe are essentially from the walnuts, which are a source of heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats.
- Greek yogurt provides many health benefits. It’s a very high source of protein and it’s fat free.
- This parfait is low in sodium – only 2% of the daily value*.
- Did you know that kiwifruits contain twice as much vitamin C as oranges? Maximize your vitamin intake by mixing in different kinds of fruit!
- Low on fresh fruit? Try frozen or canned fruit.
* Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet.