- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, coffee and butter.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan.
- In a large bowl, using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it’s light and smooth.
- Gradually incorporate one cup of sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to blend.
- Add the vanilla extract, coffee liqueur and ½ cup of sour cream.
- Once the mixture is blended, pour it into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sour cream and remaining sugar.
- Spread the mixture on top of the hot cake when it comes out of the oven.
- Put the cake back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and set it on a rack to cool.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, dust with cocoa powder using a sifter. If you have a cake stencil, use your imagination and create a personalized cake.
Cut calories by choosing light cream cheese. If you like the creaminess of the cream cheese, use light and regular in equal amounts.
You can also decorate the cheesecake with a mixture of finely ground coffee (or coffee powder), cocoa powder and your favourite spices, like cinnamon. Make the cheesecake truly decadent by serving it with coffee beans dipped in dark chocolate!