- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, blend the kefir, milk, vanilla extract and eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and stir just enough to moisten. The batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. Grease lightly, then pour batter on the griddle or into the skillet with a ladle.
- When bubbles appear on one side of the pancake (about three or four minutes), turn and continue to cook for a minute or two more.
- Serve immediately, or keep pancakes warm on a plate in the oven until they’re all ready. Serve with butter, fresh fruit or syrup.
Recipe by Hubert Cormier, nutritionist