A recipe by
Always passionate about the culinary world, photography and writing, Maude has a Degree in Arts and Kitchen. She likes non-processed foods and unique flavors that you’ll find on his French blog Cuisine Estudiantine.
NEW RECIPE Roasted brussels sprouts salad with trout and cranberries
Cooking time: 10
Preparation time 20
For the salad:
- 2 cups of half cutted Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp of oil (30 ml) (sunflower, canola, etc.)
- 300g of fresh trout fillet
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) of Liberté 2% plain yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of fennel seeds
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) of olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
1. Place the grid in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425 ° F. Place the Brussels sprouts on a cooking plate covered with parchment paper, add cooking oil, salt and pepper. Cook them for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking and then lower the temperature to 350 ° F. Add the trout fillet and cook for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
2. During this time, make the dressing and then, toast the fennel seeds in a skillet over high heat for one to two minutes without fat. Keep them aside.
3. Put together the salad by mixing Brussels sprouts, trout pieces, green onions, cranberries and fennel seeds. Add dressing, stir a little and garnish with plain yogurt. If desired, add chopped tarragon.
Keep the salad in the fridge, without dressing, up to 2 days. The ideal is to keep each item individually and mix them together at the last minute.