A recipe by
Creator of the Petite Vanille website, Ariane is a part time blogger for the love of lactosefree cooking .
NEW RECIPE Mint crabcakes with aneth yogourt sauce
Quantity: 10 bites
Cooking time: 10
Preparation time 20
For the crabcakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (170g each) crabmeat, drained
- 1 tbs of fresh mint, minced
- 1 beaten egg
- Half a French shallot, finely minced
- Few drops of sriracha sauce (to taste)
- 2 tbs of Liberté Greek plain yogourt
- 1 tsp of meaux mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- Canola oil in sufficient quantity
For the dill yogourt sauce
- 1 tsp of French shallots, finely minced
- 1/2 cup of Liberté Greek plain yogourt
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 tbs of dill, minced (to taste)
Step 1: In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the yogourt and aneth sauce. Add salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step 2: In another bowl, mix all the ingredients for the crabcakes, except the panko and the canola oil. Adjust seasoning.
Step 3: Make ten balls with the crabcakes preparation and place on a plate.
Step 4: Put the panko breadcrumbs in a bowl. Roll each crabcake ball in the crumbs to coat. Set aside.
Step 5: In a large skillet, heat the canola oil. Put the crabcakes in the pan. When they look golden brown, turn the crabcakes and cook the other side. Add some canola oil if needed. When browned on both sides, place the crabcakes on a sheet of absorbent paper.
Step 6: Serve the crabcakes with a little dill yogurt sauce. Garnish with a little dill also. Enjoy!