A recipe by
Always passionate about the culinary world, photography and writing, Maude has a Degree in Arts and Kitchen. She likes non-processed foods and unique flavors that you’ll find on his French blog Cuisine Estudiantine.
NEW RECIPE Lemon, ginger and matcha madeleines with maple and cardamom yogourt
Quantity: 20 small or 12 medium madeleines
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Preparation time 15 minutes
For the madeleines
- ½ cup (125 ml) of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tbs (15 ml) of cooking oil (of your choice : canola, sunflower,coconut,…)
- 1 tbs (15 ml) of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs (15 ml) of Liberté Classique plain yogourt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of matcha powder
- The juice and zest of a medium lemon
For the maple and cardamom yogourt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of plain yogourt
- 1 tsp (15 ml) of maple syrup
- The seeds of 3 cardamom beans (or ¼ tsp grounded)
- The zest of 1 lemon
- Whisk together the egg, maple syrup, oil, ginger, yogurt, matcha powder, juice and lemon zest. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix gently. Let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- During this time, make the yogurt sauce by mixing together all the ingredients. Set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Oil generously and flour the pan. Fill to ¾ with the preparation and cook for about 8 minutes for small madeleines or 10 for medium. Unmold and allow to cool.
- Serve with yogurt.
You can keep the madeleines in an airtight container for up to 4 days.